Monday, December 14, 2009

Los Angeles Half Marathon


This was a great race. The weather was perfect. My legs killed me by mile 12 and I am quit sure that the 3 hours on the computrainer yesterday with multiple grades of 10% - to 15% did not help.

Was not too unhappy with my time compared to Long Beach in October - I was only about 30 seconds slower and Long Beach was a totally flat course done after an 80 mile ride on the Saturday before. So conditions were similar.

The run was a loop and not too crowded, unlike Long Beach. Was around Bonelli Park and the views were nice. The run was hilly and flat - but not too much hill.

Bill, Piper, Bob and I did the race. It was an Inaugural Race so Piper HAD to be there even though he just done Ironman Cozumel 2 weeks ago!!

I would do this again. It was a good training day.

No comments: